Here is a summary of eco activities done in the first semester, in CLAVE ECO, in the Salesian house LA PIEDAD, in Bahía Blanca (Ceferino Namuncurá Province, Argentina, South Region).
● The Ñuque Mapu youth group began the year with a waste separation awareness campaign.
● The RECYCLING WEEKS were carried out where 5 waste containers (2,460 kilos = destined for recycling) were received and classified. With the proceeds, waste separators were manufactured in the yard in our workshops.
● We continue in the assembly of the ECO RED CASA COMUN BAHIA. Companies and institutions joined the care of the Common House.
● Talks were given to girls and boys from educational institutions interested in knowing how our ECO SHED works .
● They participated in the audiovisual contest called “ATR for climate change”. ECO LA PIEDAD's audiovisual called "By the Sea of Life" won first prize
● 180 young people continue training in ENVIRONMENTAL LEADERS, a Salesian initiative at the continental level.
● Through an agreement with the UTN, a CARBON FOOTPRINT MEASUREMENT is being carried out in the Salesian house to undertake mitigation actions, to take care of our planet.